Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Ohio Driver's License Renewal

Devil, you see what I mean?

Increasingly, I feel that teachers, after some years of teaching, end up living in another world. One World, hot, grainy, which crunches under the tooth, where it is blind and where they can make less and less. This world has two continents: Head-in-the-sand-and Minimum d'efforts. Some live on one or the other, but many have a main house on the first with a second home on the second, or vice versa. * * *
Earlier this week, it still speaks of the elections. The results are so amazing that, whether we win or lose, it will take some time before we return. The sub-theme of the conversation concerned, of course, the soaring little Mario: Is this really a protest vote, or rather a rise of the Right? Each said its assumptions until a colleague opens the mouth so that commonly call a "full of stupid prejudices ...

Prof. of another age: Anyway, I j ' I voted ADQ worse chu ben content. I won my election in some way. When I see the world that lacrosse su'l BS system ...
Me: C'mon, I do not see how a change of government will prevent those who cram the system to continue. Anyway, we hear, is not a majority! Prof.
of another age: Ouch! I've seen enough in my other job. Y 'all explained to me' how to 'did it. It shocked me enough.
Me: But between what a person says and does ... As you know personally? Prof.
of another age: No, but it changes nothing to the problem. I
(which starts pumping royally ... I have a short fuse!) : Right. Except honestly, among hundreds of welfare recipients who cram the government of 100 dollars a month worse a hundred teachers who pognent the donut crossent worse blow to the government of tens of thousands each year for 30 years and over, I still prefers the welfare!

I just get out the hatchet. I do not like it, she loves me not. It is a direct colleague and his students dream of being in my class rather than his own. Because it is part, but do not concede, the minority teacher that I have named crudely. For minority which the union refused a professional. (This is not just for how he refuses, but that's another story ...)

Prof. Sixties (hitherto silent) : C'mon! Teacher's not working, it was twenty years ago. With the reform, it no longer exists! I
(more su'l ass) : What?
Prof.
Coke (who watched silently) : Yeah. All the teachers work, frankly. I know that I do anything.
Me: Well then! You silly me !??!? Prof.
Coke (in a tone of defiance) : Not at all. As you know personally, you?
Me: And how! You probably forgot the years when you were under contract, but when you're 4-5 in precarious schools, we see them, those who do the job in half. Because we do not understand how we as alternates to the contract, which we kill to work to make our mark, we bump, transferred, demoted on the priority list fucking while others pass through the cracks the nose and beard directions, parents and students. I think qu'y'en has at least one per school, if not two. I can even appoint thee. Prof.
of another age (categorical) : Well, not in our school.
Me: Well some in our school! Should you want me to name them?

Silence. They know all, but they do not want to know. The bell at the end of recess rang and then I jumped, propelled by my fury, leaving behind the cold war in a wasteland.
0

0 comments:

Post a Comment