Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ecoli More Condition_symptoms

how to ... Guess who!

There are now so long as I live my life in Montreal has become a habit. 13 years in metro-boulot-dodo. When I started, I nosed, I tried, I discovered ... Streets, bars, restaurants, shops. And then, in the lot, I found my happiness, I became a regular, redundancy, a parasite, an old hand. In this reassuring routine, I forgot the diversity and scope of Montreal. So on a beautiful Saturday and windy, we say, fret , I decided to go to meet a corner from Montreal to me unknown. A corner dubious reputation, not always transparent, which I heard over and over again. I named: Plaza St. Hubert .
So I walked a big fat three minutes to find myself at the corner of Bélanger and St. Hubert. Like any good shopping center, because it is one despite appearances, there is a McDonalds, a Jean Coutu, a hardware store X and Y a pet At first glance, it does not look. If the glass roof to protect pedestrians is handy, it does not chic to the place. In addition, the gray day and the muddy snow do not help not.

Plaza Saint-Hubert was created in the late 50s, tactical Street merchants to combat large competitors already fierce. One of my aunts strong bearing on the shopping I've already talked about the years of the annals Plez . At that time, it is a cultural and economic well-attended at all Francophone Montreal. Claude Blanchard them laugh, Richard and Michelle Fernand Gignac to sing. We keep hearing about the Plaza CFTM-10; issue Ten out of ten, led by Réal Giguère, offers prices from the best shops in this street.

All this gave a time. In 1984, in a clear aim to revamp the eyes of a customer who runs out of steam, merchants of Plez are putting the very ugly marquee still present today. With this addition, we can now méguésiner outdoors while being sheltered from the weather. It's almost healthy! This is not sufficient to return the shops up to date and the decline continues for a good ten years.

Thus, the Plaza will become recognized as ...

wedding dresses,

leather,

the godasses,

rags,

wedding dresses,

rags,

prom dresses

the godasses ,

prom dresses,

the godasses,

and shoes.

In the last ten years, however, we saw develop a new kind of shopping. Searched a little more refined, specialized. The Plez revive it from its ashes? The geeks have found and storefront, and some shops will sell you the latest zombie film series E, Obiwan Kenobi action figure that you have searched everywhere for the next D & D scenario that you present to your friends elves and dwarves. The pigtail , charcuterie that befitted previously Laurier Street, was installed on the Rue Saint-Hubert. Pies and sausages are divine, the takeaway as well. La Librairie Raffin , recently renovated, offers a choice of various books with unparalleled service and does not belong to a monster sale as Renaud and Bray fire (or is it light and Renaud Bray?) All the same, to piss, Renaud-Bray has opened a branch opposite a few years ago. The clientele seems to have remained loyal to the local bookshop, one of the cashiers explaining that there had not really been a decline of goodwill. Young and new designers Quebecois also find their account, as Crazy Lily . This are mostly rags for women, so I can not stress the beauty of it with comments particularly exciting. Also, two craft shops flavored exotic discoveries while searching properly. Finally, as elsewhere, the stores at $ 1 (or the price of most items often exceeds the dollar) are rooted.

Still, the Plaza is the Plaza still is, and foremost, the Kingdom of the wedding dress. Moreover, an old lady sitting in front of the Jean Coutu who saw me and annoy me with my camera, asked of my escapades and told me how she bought her dress at Helen House and "shook hand to Mr. Green! "The West Helena could be found at any price ... unbeatable! I strongly suggest you France B. Pronuptia . Just to name a little douche. And in a completely different vein, and if you want to live the Plez bottom, find the store The Heritage . The look and models are ancient, it's like back in the 60s!

Finally, this day could not have been complete without ze ultimate experience! For the Rue Saint-Hubert, is also home to one of the largest catering companies in Quebec. There is therefore the first Rotisserie St-Hubert, now a delivery counter with a tiny dining room, cafeteria style. Although atmosphere is poor, it's St-Hub ! Worse of St-Hub , whether you type sauce or chicken, it's always comforting! So I typed a chef's choice with a traditional cabbage. What a great way to end my expedition on the Plaza! "Saint-Hubert, you give me a taste!"

I conclude with this jingle the pub for Plez, late 80s: "The Plaza St. Hubert, a street to be discovered!" And you is What the Plaza?

PS: Well, yes, I said, I'm not too foo-tag-string-of-emails-who-are-shit-mess, but every time I the read, I tell myself that I would like to discover a city through a blog as it is so tasty.

PPS: After I froze your ass for three hours and prepared to get down to writing, I realized that one had outdone. It had cooled a bit, hence the delay. 'Scuse it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment