Friday, February 16, 2007

How To Win Mount & Blade

It does not change the world, except ...

Tuesday we were doing math.

The problem was:
Marco sells cookbooks to raise funds for an extracurricular activity. The sponsor that provides the books he sells $ 10.00 each and sold them at Marco amount of $ 15.75. Each time he sells 10, the sponsor offered a discount of 15% on profit from the 10th book sold. If Marco sells 33 pounds, what will its profit? "

rate: 18 students 24-

* * *
Thursday we were doing math.

The problem was:
"An old lady gets her hen eggs. Seven eggs obtained, there is always one who is wrong or broken. If she gets 62 eggs, how can she train dozen? "

Success Rate: 7 out of 24 students

Two problems. A mathematical concept similar but opposite: gain, loss. The first ferociously more complex than the latter. So why a lower success rate?

Answer: money is a delight! To hell with the commies, we, we want the ca $ h! Envoy , spit! Seriously, put the majority of children to problem solving when it comes to a monetary benefit for sure, and it's success. Take the same problem and change data for fish, vegetables or hamsters, it is the stampede. It's beautiful, eh , the values of our beautiful youth!

Besides speaking of money, I recommend reading a text to make you hair stand on end. Nathalie Elgrably - crazy in a changing world which is parallel to ours, to do doubt, that profit and studies on paper - has written some ideas on how to redress the situation of education in Quebec. Full of good intentions, the girl. My opinion? I've never read such a bunch of crap! Especially the one where she suggested that teachers receive a wage premium at the rate of success of their students. Hello? What andouille can still say in 2007 that the educational success of children is linked only to his teacher? Ben her, it looks! Well ... I would have had much to say about this text, but my esteemed colleague, Prof. Hidden , has already made a cons-depth expertise I invite you to read.

PS: I challenge you to find the answers to previous problems without a calculator! I will correct you on Monday. : O)

0 comments:

Post a Comment